Sunday, January 13, 2008

They said it couldn't be done: Part 2

Okay, i know i said last Sunday that i was going to have at least a few items in my shop by that Monday. Well, Monday came and went, followed by Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri and still my shop was empty. Yesterday, Saturday, i did finally get those few items in my shop. Now it is so happy. So am I. I have a couple of things to list today and am also working on more. I have to confess that when my wife first started selling on Etsy(Visit her shops. PanicAttack and OldiesbutGoodies) and i would look at some of the work listed and say " Gawd, i can do that" or " If that persons selling that than i can sell this" i thought it would be easy. WRONG! Yes i could not have been more wronger. It is hard, coming up with ideas, then actually bringing said ideas to life while still dealing with a family (We have a 7yr old and a 4yr old) ,keeping the marriage flame stoked and working. Yikes!

I just want to give everyone who lists on Etsy mad, mad props (Congratulations) for doing what they do. It may look easy, it may look like people aren't putting a lot of thought into their work or it might seen like some are just throwing any ol' thing n there shop. Well I for one suggest that you step back and think about all the little things that really go into opening and maintaining a shop here on Etsy or any other place, brick and mortar included. Its hard work and it should be, at the very least, appreciated.

I tip my hat to all of you out there working hard on your craft, art, photography or what have you. Keep the creative fires burning. Keep up the good work ( no matter what anyone says or thinks) and keep making those great HANDMADE items. I'm so glad to be a part of this.

Come back tomorrow for my feature on Etsy seller NataJane. I got to do an interview with her that your not gonna' want to miss.

4 comments:

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

kudos to you! I agree- people on etsy are very well at their time managament! :)

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Awe, that is very sweet of you. I have a hard time keeping up too.

Sherry said...

so honest of you to say, my secret to success is an understanding husband and son plus a few all nighters!

Maisy Brown said...

I like your up vibe, it's great! I'll follow your blog with interest.