Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Coonies handmade gifts. Charms & accessories.

Have you ever seen an apple wink? Or met a piece of bread that just wanted to be your buddy? I have, at coonies handmade gifts. This Etsy shop is filled with some of the cutest charms and accessories you've ever laid your eyes on. These unique polymer clay and felt pieces will brighten the gloomiest day. From happy blue clouds, cube chickens and pink blobbies your sure to find something that will put a smile on your face. If your interested in finding out more about coonies shop read on to the interview below.

1. How long have you been doing what you do?

I've always had a strong interest in arts and crafts but never really took it up until this past summer. I guess you could say I've been working with polymer clay for about 6 months. I found myself with a lot of time on my hands and took it up as a hobby. Naturally, once I started I couldn't stop. I spent a lot of time researching and experimenting different techniques. It's really fun, everyday is a chance to learn something new.

2. You make such cute little characters, where do you find the inspiration for your designs?

My inspiration comes from life experiences. Everything from the things I see during my day to day activities to the food in a cookbook to the flowers I grow in my garden, etc.. Inspiration has no boundaries. My bread buddy for example is inspired by my morning meal and my new Valentine's day brooches are inspired by candy hearts.

3. I really like Bread Buddy, what is your personal favorite from your shop?

My bread buddy is my absolute favorite shop item. Of course, I love all the things I create but bread buddy is one of the first charms I designed and it has a lot of sentimental value. Bread buddy is also my shop's signature.

4. Is there any other places people can see your work, myspace, blog, website, etc?

For updates on my shop, I recently started a new blog called Handmade by Coonies where I update everyone about what I'm currently working on. (http://www.coonieshandmadegifts.blogspot.com) As for other places to view my work I am on practically every social networking site you can think of! Flickr, DA, Facebook, Indiepublic and We Love Etsy.

5. Is there anything special coming up for your shop in 2008 that you would like to share with us?

My goal for 2008 is to switch out all of my silver plated findings for sterling silver as soon as my supplies arrives. In a few weeks I will be starting on a new collection of charms to be released in the spring and I'm also working hard to expand into different areas such as stationary and stickers.

6. Whats your favorite etsy shop?

Hmm.. it's hard to pick! There are so many shops that I love and so many that I discover everyday! I guess if I had to pick just one I would say Invitapaperstudio (www.invitapaperstudio.etsy.com) is my favorite. I have a great love for graphic arts and at Invitapaperstudio's they've got simple and classy designs. It's really inspiring to see someone put together something so beautiful.

7. Does Bread Buddy eat sandwiches? And if so whats his favorite???

Haha, no Bread Buddy does not eat sandwiches. That would make him a cannibal if he did would it not? His favorite foods however are peanut butter and jelly! He just can't get enough of it :)

To finish off, I just want to wish everyone the best of luck in 2008 I hope you have a great one! Thanks :)

Be sure to visit coonies blog, right now there are pics of some great chocolate truffle charms shes made. they look so real I swear i put on a pound or two just looking at them. My thanks go to coonies for letting me feature her, and thanks to all of you who took time out to read this.

In two days we'll have another fantastic interview ready so be on the look out for that, oh and remember BUY HANDMADE!

1 comment:

Tizzalicious said...

They're so cute. I love her shop!