Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Robits are coming, the Robits are coming, the Robits are HERE!

"Don't be afraid, we come in peace."

Yes the Robits are here and want to be friends. I started making these lil' guys, oh I guess two weeks ago. The first 4 were trial runs, they are made from polymer clay so I had to get used to working with it. The first, unfortunately was scorched in the baking process, poor lil' Robit. The next 2 were given to my kids, now I told them that these were for looking at and not for playin, but my son (He's 4) decided that his yellow Robit was gonna drive his toy school bus and make it fly, again i say poor lil' Robit. One of the 4 never made it to the baking process because being new to polymer clay i didn't realize that you have to work in light colored clay to keep lint down, it was a mess, i wore a black T-shirt, the lil' Robit was coverd in lint, what a mess.

I Think i have the process down and really enjoy makin' them, I've sold 4 and have a bunch listed in my shop. I hope they keep selling so I can keep makin' them. I hope you enjoy these pics of them.

12 comments:

decadentdiamond said...

How cute! I love the last one! ..and love that they are called Robits.

jewelstreet said...

lol. I love them! You should make a movie with them like the California Raisins.

Alorinna said...

SO cute!

Anonymous said...

They are adorable!

BeckyKay said...

These are adorable! I can sympathize with the Robit belonging to your 4 year old. I have a 4 year old, too, and I know the little Robit would have been eaten by sharks or dinosaurs if left in his care...

smittenkittenorig said...

The Robit's are darling! May the first that came along RIP. They served robit-kind well. :D I love the two that are cozied together. Ah, love is in the air. :)

Leslie said...

i adore your robots!! they're so good!! no finger prints!

Made by Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, those are just too cute! And your son sounds adorable!

Rose-Segrest said...

These Robits are precious. I had a similar experience in torching my polymer clay.:(
jen

OMB said...

Cute cute Cute!!!!

Earmark Social said...

love the robits - they look fantastic!

Georganne said...

♥LOVE♥ the robits!!!!!!!
G♥